Macquarium is seeking a talented Director of Project Management
to join our team. This role is full-time, and will be remote until we return to our Atlanta office in a hybrid work model.
The Director of Project Management
ensures an efficient project delivery environment that embraces accountability, consistency, and high-quality service and deliverables. You will partner with discipline leads to optimize existing processes and set standards for project delivery capabilities, including success measurement criteria, methodologies, tools to be used, etc. You will oversee our project portfolio, and will help motivate, direct and challenge teams to effectively plan and deliver exceptional work on time, on budget. You will personally manage some internal, sales and client facing projects. We are looking for candidates that have implemented Project Management best practices in an agency environment, and have run a portfolio of client facing digital projects with responsibility for program timelines, scope, margin and client success. If you thrive in a fast pace and fun environment while keeping tabs on many tasks, then we want to hear from you!
Managing Discipline / Portfolio
- Mentor, motivate and lead project managers, ensuring that they take action and accountability for their assigned projects and workload
- Oversee the delegation of work to Program/Project Managers and Business Analysts.
- Evaluate and optimize our project management methodology including scoping, estimating, delivering, tracking, reporting and program communication
- Lead initiatives to improve and streamline processes where required and ensure its consistent application and execution
- Nurture a culture of delivery excellence and drive continuous growth in maturity of processes
- Oversee the interdependencies and integration of interrelated initiatives, and facilitate cross-project collaboration.
- Build a set of metrics and monitoring capabilities around the portfolio's health, risk and execution effectiveness
- Oversee portfolio planning efforts, identifying and leading critical program level dependencies
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome portfolio risks, and produce reports for management and stakeholders
- Coach teams around the adoption of 'best practice' work standards and tools, and other matters that relate to supporting the teams' success
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
Knowledge & Experience:
- Partners with Client Services, to provide and support projects for assigned clients
- Responsible for project estimation, planning and profitability. Build detailed project plans; manage resource allocations; and report on project status, burn rates, budgets and reconciliations to agency and client stakeholders
- Manage scope and financials of your assigned portfolio of projects, including risk mitigation and control.
- Interface heavily with clients to ensure that the solution is understood and addresses the customer’s business requirements
- Communicate proactively with client on project recommendations, risks, challenges, and solutions
- Identify and escalate (when needed) risks and issues; Provide mitigation strategies to leadership
- Monitor and analyze project performance data and report results to client
- Conduct and lead status meetings regularly with client and the internal teams, ensuring thorough communication with all stakeholders at all stages of every project
- Ensure that projects client expectations and are delivered on-time and on-budget
At Macquarium we are a team of dreamers, thinkers, and doers. We design and create exciting and meaningful customer-centric digital experiences for our clients. Over the past 29 years, we have partnered with our clients to improve the experience they provide their customers, to drive customer satisfaction and business results.
Macquarium offers great benefits and culture, along with a competitive salary, 401k, Medical, Dental and Vision, paid time off, employee referral program, casual dress code and awesome team outings, all located in the Buckhead/Midtown area.
- 10+ years of Program/Project Management experience within a digital agency or consultancy managing digital projects from concept to deployment (including responsive web, native mobile/tablet, touch display, digital advertising)
- Expert-level knowledge of project and change management and associated methodologies, techniques, processes and approaches (e.g. Project and Portfolio Management Methodology – PPM, both agile and waterfall methodologies etc.)
- Have run successful large programs with full accountability in one or more of the following spaces (Digital Transformation, Customer Journey Management, Product Design, Digital Experience Platforms, Customer Data Platforms, Customer Portals, Content Management Systems)
- Experience preferred with at least one project/program management methodology, such as The Project Management Institute's (PMI's) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Knowledge of and applicable experience with the full digital project lifecycle (Discovery, Design, Development) for large scale project initiatives while identifying and mitigating project risks
- Experience with Application Development, Web Based and/or (Custom-off-the-shelf) COTS implementations
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
- Demonstrated leadership, facilitation, problem-solving and change management skills to support portfolio needs
- Experience driving and or rolling out effective processes within an organization
- Results-driven, solutions-oriented, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Must thrive in a dynamic environment and possess an enthusiastic willingness to roll up their sleeves to positively influence the client experience.
- Team player & able to collaborate and work comfortably with others, up to the executive management level.
- Experience working with Workamajig, Smartsheets, JIRA, GSuite
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Trello, Advantage, Slack, Pivotal Tracker, and JIRA
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving customer experiences